Happy Monday from the sunny CA! I’m actually writing to you from the Starbucks in our hotel lobby (the challenges of finding internet access!! … but the loveliness of having to order my favorite drink this morning–soy chai tea latte ; )). It is currently 6:40 am here + if you know me, I am NOT a morning person … so why am I up so early!? We are going to Universal Studios today + Caleb insisted we get there when it opens : ) So here I am, delivering to you today’s Monday Musing before we head to Universal! It’s the last day of our mini two-day vacation here in LA : )
Today’s musing is our top five observations from spending the past three days here in CA; for those of you who have never been here like we hadn’t prior to a few days ago, some fun things to know about this beautifully unique place ; )
- There is a Starbucks + American Apparel on every other corner–not kidding!!!
- Motorcycles don’t have do obey the lane lines on highways, or any roads for that matter, which makes for very nervous first-time-LA drivers!! These guys are weaving in + out of traffic, literally INCHES from your vehicle!! Sometimes at 60+ mph! And it’s LEGAL!! Talk about anxiety (on my end!! hehe!).
- The Pacific Coast—palm trees, beaches, + surfers everywhere are really something else–it’s so beautiful!!!
- Instead of using the terminology “speed bumps” to warn you of speed bumps coming up on the road, they have chosen to use “humps” here instead–totally hilarious!!
- There is such a beautiful mixture of scenery here (at least where we’ve been!). We’ve had the privilege of seeing big city skyscrapers + flashing lights, white sand beaches + gorgeous blue waves, outdoor shopping centers + funky restaurants, + tall rocky mountains lined with cacti + desert wildlife : )
Oh, + there is amazing LOVE + beautiful weddings, too : ) Stay tuned for the REASON of our trip–Shane + Devon’s absolutely incredible, absolutely STUNNING wedding; hitting the blog later this week!! For now, just a taste of some of the things we have been up to : ) Have a great Monday, everyone!! -M