In the beginning of October, I spent a couple of days in Rome, Georgia, at the Pursuit Conference. Pursuit is a global community of entrepreneurial women fueled by faith, passion, + purpose. The conference is a gathering for these women that happens twice a year at the Winshape Retreat Center in Rome, GA! I had such a wonderful, refreshing time at this conference + am hoping to share some of the truly life-changing takeaways that I have tucked away from my time in Georgia.
I could write so many things about this conference, but to keep in concise, I’m going to share with you the main ideas that I took home with me (as written out in The Daily Record — a journal we use to record the ordinary happenings of our little family’s events)! Thank you to my friend Crystal for this idea!!
Top 10 2015 Pursuit Retreat Takeaways
1. S L O W D O W N. I am, without a doubt, missing the moments God has for me. I am, simply, unavailable for Him to use. I am “too busy” to allow Him to show me all He has for me … and gosh, it’s undoubtedly so much greater than I could ever imagine!! Let’s be honest though, this busyness applies to SO many things (+ people) in my life!!
2. We must risk in order to love. It is SO scary to be open + honest about our faith (kinda like I’m doing right now)! So scary. But I want to be bold about how this has changed my life. I truly believe this is my greatest, greatest calling.
3. God does NOT care about how many people know our name because of our business. He will care about How many people came to know HIS name because of it, however.
4. Obedience is more rewarding than chasing after success.
5. Gaze at God + glance at life.
6. SLOW DOWN!
7. God hasn’t called me to be successful, He has called me to be faithful. Plain + simple.
8. My identity is not found in my productivity.
9. God does not want us to just hang on to what we’ve been given. Our financial resources are a tool. What are we doing with what we’ve been given?
10. Did I mention, slow down?