On their spouse or significant other, I’ve often heard people say, “They push me to be a better version of myself.” And I would agree that this is true in my own relationship with you — you push me to be a better version of who I was created to be. But it’s not enough to just share that with you — to just tell you that statement + then end the conversation. I want to share with you why + how you push me to be a better version of myself.
1. You teach me, daily, the importance of putting other people’s needs above your own. Selflessness. True, real, honest selflessness. You give of yourself immediately without even thinking twice about it, + boy, do I have a lot to learn about living this way.
2. Letting the little things go … you are SO good at this. Gosh, there are probably hundreds of times each day that we could let the “little things” bother us; hundreds of times when we could complain or choose to pick a fight about the “little things.” You just don’t do this. I can see how you quickly evaluate each scenario, decide — “this one’s not worth fussing over”, + instantly let it go. Goodness, do I have a lot to learn about living this way.
3. You speak with purpose + intention. No word, compliment, idea, or critique is said unless it is truly meant. In a world filled with noise, complaints, + flattery, you are a breath of fresh air. I really have a lot to learn about living this way.
4. You know what you are living for + you have this wonderful ability to stay focused on your purpose. Of course, we all get distracted from time to time, but I’ve never met someone living so freely of doubt + fear + worry. You constantly reassure me of my “WHY” + challenge me to examine my anxious thoughts. You aren’t afraid to call me out when I’m living in fear or living for someone else’s purpose + not my own. My GOSH do I have a lot to learn about living this way.
5. You do things that I know full-well you don’t like doing (you might even hate doing them) — and you NEVER complain about it. Goodness, I have a A LOT to learn about living this way. A lot.
6. You accept all people + welcome them into your life with open arms + without judgement. You give others the benefit of the doubt. You don’t make quick + unfair assumptions about others, rather, you try to see only the best in who they are. I have a lot to learn about living this way.
7. You value + understand the importance of rest. The important of self-care + taking time to just be. The importance of time being present with family + friends … I have a lot to learn about living this way.
8. Actions speak louder than words — you really believe this + you live it out. Man, do I have a lot to learn about living this way.
9. You choose, daily, to be joyful. I know this about you — your recent quest to CHOOSE to be happy + joyful + positive in all circumstances in your day. I have witnessed first-hand the change this mindset has made in your life + in the relationships you share with others. It is SO inspiring. I have a lot to learn about living this way.
10. Your grace never ends … never, ever, ever. You not only forgive, but you forgive QUICKLY + completely. Boy, do I have a lot to learn about living this way.