Happy Tuesday + get ready for a SUPER fun post on the blog today! I seriously wish I could take credit for this post … but unfortunately, the “meat” of this wasn’t written by me! Let’s face it: 1. I’m not that fashion-savvy + 2. I’m not that good at writing!! A couple of weeks ago, my friend + fashion-insider *Kari W. wrote a post on the Top Trends for the 2016 Spring + Summer Season (in case you missed it, you can find that post here)!
Kari is back with us today for another insider post that is going to be pretty amazing for 2017 BRIDES who are currently searching for their dream wedding dress!! Today, Kari is sharing the Top “X” Bridal Trends for the 2017 Wedding Season! Oh, I am SO excited about this!!
Let’s get to it, shall we!?
*Kari is the Merchant at Madewell in Madison, Wisconsin.
Thanks Maison! I’m really excited to share an edited selection of my favorite Bridal Trends for 2017 with you today! This was a tough one as there were SO many amazing options to choose from! One common thread: bold is the new bride.
1. Deep V / Plunging Necklines
This trend is all about accentuating delicate skin – not necessarily cleavage – and it’s flattering for all body types. If you’re apprehensive about baring too much, opt for illusion styles. You’ll still achieve an elongated frame but you’ll have the security of extra fabric covering your décolletage.
1. Sleek + smooth in matte crepe – perfect for a swanky loft soiree. (Isabelle Armstrong)
2. Floral appliques sweeten a sexy silhouette – exposed brick + craft cocktails would pair well. (Monique Lhuillier)
3. Laser cut silk with a soft illusion plunge – from a bouquet of palm fronds to peonies – this dress is gorgeously versatile! (Ines Di Santo)
1. Armstrong, 2. Lhuillier, 3. Di Santo
The Bow trend is definitely for the bride that wants to make a statement. You could make an entrance with a waist defining bow sash or try wowing your guests with an unexpected large-scale back bow. Whichever way you prefer – keep one thing in mind – less is more – your accessories should be simple or opt for none at all (except for a little sparkle on your left hand!)
1. Traditional trumpet style gown accented with a flouncy neck bow – this dress would be perfect for a grandiose black tie affair. (Oscar de la Renta)
2. Separates with an obi style structured bow – super modern + super chic calls for an art gallery ceremony. (Lela Rose)
3. An airy bow donned at the waist offers a breathtaking addition to a delicately draped dress – cobblestone patios with strung lights + garden chairs come to mind! (Carolina Herrera)
1. De la Renta, 2. Rose, 3. Herrera
*Maison here — just for fun, + perspective, I’m throwing in these images from Real MMP Bride Julia, who wore the two above trends just a couple of weekends ago on her wedding day!
3. Caped Tops
Once thought of as old-fashioned + stuffy – capes are back in a huge way. They’re functional + modest, yet high fashion + sophisticated. Wear one during your nuptials + then you have the option for a dress “reveal” afterward – no need for a reception dress!
1. This floor length cape lends the drama of a veil without having to sacrifice statement jewels – perfect for a breezy island destination wedding. (Naeem Khan)
2. A cropped topper for a tiered chiffon gown – pairs well with a romantically rustic outdoor wedding complete with wildflowers + a homemade dessert spread the length of a farm table! (Monique Lhuillier)
3. This button-up cape emits glamour + elegance while still maintaining a chic sophistication – think, “modern day Grace Kelly”. (Lela Rose)
1. Khan, 2. Lhuillier, 3. Rose
4. High Necklines
Drama.Done.Right. High necklines add just the right amount of excitement to otherwise simple silhouettes. From couture style neck frills to sheer + delicate mock necks – there are so many options for daring + docile brides alike.
1. Ruffled frills at the neck + wrists lend a boho vibe to a sleeved halter style gown – feeling some moody blooms + a horseback send off for this dress. (Costarellos)
2. A soft mock neck collar grounds chevron detailing – add a bold red lip and a sleek up do + this trend takes you from covered-up to down-right sexy. (J. Mendel)
3. Flirty + mysterious go hand in hand with this frilly neckline + structured cap style sleeve – this style paired with late night nuptials + cocktails under the stars would be perfection. (Delphine Manivet)
1. Costarellos, 2. Mendel, 3. Manivet
As with all fashion trends – be true to yourself – especially on such a significant day. The most important thing you wear will be your heart on your sleeve. Congratulations beautiful brides + thanks for reading along!