Well — it’s FINALLY here! The “Big MM Secret” is revealed in all its glory (P.S. if you actually want to see the new site in all its glory, be sure you’re viewing on your computer and not just your phone!). Anyway, if you’ve been following along over the past several months as we’ve been posting about #thebigmmsecret … and then over the past several weeks as we’ve been teasing you with the (delayed) reveal, you’re probably wondering, “What the HECK took so long?!”
If you know anything about us, it’s that we love to blog — about our clients, our personal lives, tips for brides, business ideas, you name it! Well, our sweet little blog … it just isn’t so little anymore! Over the past four years, we have created hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of posts, and those posts take a VERY long time to transfer from one (old) blog to another (new) blog! No one involved in this process was expecting the blog migration to take SO long (they’ve actually never seen it take this long!), so we’ve just been waiting (with a beautiful new site all ready to go!) for every … last … post … to transfer over. We’ve finally reached completion!!!! Hooray! Thank you for your patience with us in this, and know how incredibly hard it’s been for us to be patient, too!! Alas, here we are : )
So … what do you even write about in the first blog post of your BRAND NEW website? The site that you have been planning and working so hard on for the last nine months? The site that, as entrepreneurs who run their business entirely online, represents everything you stand for?
It’s scary because a part of you feels SO excited and cannot wait to shout from the mountaintops about the thing that you have created! But the other part of you is nervous and anxious and full of wonder at what people will think … how it will be interpreted? Does it truly represent you perfectly? (It’s these questions that make you so thankful for a husband who reminds you of the fact that perfection doesn’t exist, you have the greatest designer in the entire US of A, and God is in control anyway). Man, did I marry a good one!
I hope you enjoy the site — I hope you LOVE it as much as we do! Stay awhile, look around, and peek at every little nook and cranny : ) If you’re feeling extra motivated, let us know what you think! We’d love to hear! No matter what you do, however, be sure to check back tomorrow for #thebigmmsecret to be FULLY revealed (no, this isn’t the only part of the secret)!
Lastly, I simply cannot end this post without acknowledging the people who have made this whole thing possible for Caleb and I:
- First and foremost, our families and closest friends — for believing in us always and being our biggest source of encouragement. You know who you are and we could NOT have accomplished this without you (especially all you proof-readers and site-testers!)
- Secondly (but let’s be honest, equally as important), our BELOVED clients — for trusting us in all stages of our business, for inviting us into your lives and sharing your most precious moments with us, and for proving to us that this dream didn’t have to be just a dream after all
- Jeff Shipley — for your creative genius, design abilities, and patience with us in creating this beautiful site, we are SO thankful for you, your remarkable skills, and your witty banter
- Caynay Photo — for your time and talent (and friendship!) in taking all of the photos for our site and launch
- Trevor at 740 Films — for coming all the way to Wisconsin to work with us on the perfect piece of video for our blog, and for your friendship and the impact your marriage with Kari has had on Caleb and I
- Jodi Everts of Love, Madison Weddings — for your great wisdom and generosity in preparation for the launch
- Revel Madison — for the use of your incredibly beautiful space
- And lastly, Vivian — you are the BEST dog in the world (it’s true); for getting us out of the house for daily walks when we were stir crazy and going insane at our desks, for being SO cute we can’t help but smile when we even just look at you(!), for loving us no matter how grungy or how stressed we got in the final days before the launch, and last but certainly not least, for being the ultimate poser/doggy picture-taker in the whole wide world. We love you!