I thought it would be fun to do a little life update on what’s going on in our world right now! Just to be able to look back on and remember the things we are learning and doing and how we are growing as both a business and a couple in this season!
- We have officially been in our house for nine months! Time has flown. Caleb has quite literally painted every single room in the house (THANK YOU BABE!!!). We did a big flip of the living room and are currently starting the guest bathroom. Paint specifically in the downstairs family room and master bedroom have REALLY changed those spaces too! We are also getting new windows in a few weeks … not quite as “exciting” in terms of aesthetics but goodness am I excited for them!
- We are starting our 6th wedding season this year and both of us are feeling especially grateful for the way that God keeps providing for and refining this business year after year (or should I say, day after day!).
- Working with Julia, our life coach, has changed our lives. We are in such a sweet, beautiful — sometimes quite challenging — season and it is because of God’s work through her that we are experiencing all the things we are. We prayed for this in our marriage for SO LONG (before we were even married!) and the vulnerability, honestly, and intimacy we both longed for … we are now experiencing.
- Personally, I am walking through a season of surrender and adventure. Yes, simultaneously. Trusting God for what is to come and committed to living presently and authentically day in and day out!! That in and of itself is an adventure!!
- Vivian turns 5 on June 7th and we are so, so obsessed. She brings SO much joy to our life and we are so grateful for her!
- Caleb has found something that makes his soul come alive and I am LOVING watching him embrace this new passion — running! Of all things (why can’t I have the same passion!?! ;)). I am so inspired by his commitment to live a healthy life … to both be a good steward of his body and because his body and health are truly gifts that he doesn’t want to take for granted. Speaking of running and Vivian, she runs with him every day! All 13 pounds of her. She can now run 10+ miles with him and our vet says her knees are stronger than ever!
- We were blessed to do a lot of traveling this last off season and then started busy season with a wedding in St. Louis! I just wanted to share some pics below, as well as a few snaps from a Memorial Day cookout with some dear friends.
So thankful for this season and for the things I am learning about myself. It has not been easy to recognize and admit where I have been making excuses for SO long but the growth that has come from getting honest with myself and others has been life-changing! Don’t forget this Maison! <3
When in St. Louis …
The mosaics at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis are just extraordinary. They are the largest in the Western Hemisphere and took more than a century to complete! Definitely worth stopping to see if you’re able in my opinion!
A tour of the Anhueser-Busch factory was a must!
And a wonderful Memorial Day cookout to celebrate and end an amazing weekend : )