There are so many decisions to be made when planning your wedding! From picking a date to the color of the bridesmaid dresses, it can often feel like the possibilities are endless. One of the first (and most important!) decisions of the entire planning process is choosing your venue. As with all choices, there are a lot of options!
It is important to know first: what are you envisioning for your day? Modern and minimal? Rustic with lots of floral? As you get clear on what direction you want to head, the venue choice becomes less daunting as not all venues will fit the day you are planning!
We have rounded up a list of 24 of our favorite wedding reception venues here in Wisconsin — and categorized them based on style. We hope this is helpful as you begin the planning process! As we always tell our brides, this doesn’t have to be super stressful : ) Have fun and be confident in your decisions and what you two are planning and wanting for your day! It is cliché (but also important!) to always remember why you are even planning this in the first place : ) The rest of your lives as husband and wife IS the dream you are planning for!
- Villa Terrace Art Museum With its historic, Mediterranean-inspired architecture, grounds’ gardens and convenient location in downtown Milwaukee, the Villa Terrace is one of the state’s most stunning and exquisite wedding venues!
- Paine Art Center and Gardens One of our all-time favorite venues! The gardens and on-site historical buildings are truly breathtaking with endless opportunities for photos and for guests to enjoy!
- Green Bay Botanical Gardens Perfect for those wanting an outdoor garden wedding with onsite reception venue. Beautiful backdrops everywhere you look!
- Paoli Mill Terrace and Park A (stunning) blank canvas to building the outdoor wedding ceremony and reception of your dreams. Tucked away in the small town of Paoli between the Old Stone Mill Building, the creek, and a beautiful woodsy area.
The Paine Art Center and Gardens in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- The Madison Club One of our favorite venues in Madison! The charm and character that differs from room to room throughout the entire club is such a treat! It is also conveniently located to the Capitol Square.
- The Waters The perfect location for a nautical wedding. The property is adorned with a beautiful historic building for the reception, lawn space for the ceremony, and plenty of lakefront views!
- The Wisconsin Club An elegant, timeless ballroom located in downtown Milwaukee. One of the city’s most luxurious venues.
The Madison Club in downtown Madison, Wisconsin
Golf Club Venues
- Bishops Bay Country Club Breathtaking lake and Capitol views with a charming clubhouse or tented reception options!
- Geneva National Resort and Club Nestled on a hill on Lake Como, there isn’t a bad view on the entire property! We also appreciate how flexible the staff is for photos, helping with transportation and allowing couples to shoot on some of the property’s most beautiful spots!
- The American Club You can’t go wrong with the outdoor and indoor options available at the luxurious American Club or Whistling Straights in the village of Kohler — from the courtyard at The American Club to the Irish Barn and Terrace at Whistling Straights.
- The Oaks Our favorite thing about this venue is the beautiful white tent available for outdoor receptions. The natural light is to die for!
- SentryWorld Golf Course A wonderful venue located in Stevens Point in Central Wisconsin. Lots of options for ceremony and reception spaces!
- The Legend at Brandybrook We love this venue for its close proximity to downtown Delafield/The Delafield Hotel and St. John’s Military Academy. All together, these three locations make for the most stunning wedding day!
The grounds at The Legend at Brandybrook in Wales, Wisconsin
- The Overture Center The most exquisite venue for a modern, city vibe in the heart of downtown Madison. White walls, ceilings, and floors, with three stories of windows lining all exterior walls.
- The John Michael Kohler Arts Center A sleek and modern building sharing a property with a garden, sculptures, ruins from a building built in 1904, and a historic old house. The best of all the worlds in downtown Sheboygan, Wisconsin!
- Milwaukee Art Museum On the lake in downtown Milwaukee, a luxurious venue providing its guests with minimalist vibes, lots of windows, unique lines and textures, lots of white and lots of natural light!
The ceremony space at The John Michael Kohler Arts Center in Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- The Osthoff Resort Located in the charming village of Elkhart Lake and on Elkhart itself, the Osthoff is a beautiful venue for both wedding ceremonies and receptions. See for yourself!
- The Edgewater Located on Lake Mendota in downtown Madison, The Edgewater provides a luxurious experience for all its couples.
- The Pfister Hotel With ornate ballroom options located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, the historic Pfister Hotel is the perfect venue for a classic couple with timeless taste.
The ballroom at The Edgewater Hotel in downtown Madison, Wisconsin
- The Lageret An old tobacco warehouse turned wedding venue, The Lageret is truly one-of-a-kind. Open brick and original beams provide rustic yet industrial vibes located in downtown Stoughton, Wisconsin.
- The Fields Reserve Located just outside of Madison, The Fields Reserve is a unique barn venue with its light blue and white barn venue options!
- Sugarland Barn From the majestic old oak tree as a ceremony backdrop to the charming plantation-style farmhouse on property, Sugarland Barn has endless options for guests to gather and photos to be taken!
- The Farm at Dover A truly magical setting with gardens, forests, and the great old barn!
- Over the Vines A barn AND a vineyard — need I say more?!
The ceremony space at The Lageret in Stoughton, Wisconsin
add a comment