I found myself yet again this year, contemplating if I was going to do the iconic (what some might call overdone) Thanksgiving Day post. I thought about how SO many people do this type of post on their blog + how nobody probably wanted to read about the “Six Things I’m Thankful For“.
But then I remembered that this blog isn’t just for our readers — it’s also for Caleb + I. It’s our journal, our story, our work, + our memories being shared week by week by week. It’s a place that we can come back to at various points in our lives to read about the different seasons we have experienced together. And something I know is that I would definitely want to re-read about what I was thankful for each year + remember the sweet moments … to maybe even be able to taste them again : )
On Instagram recently, I also shared about some research Caleb had done about the power of positive thinking + specifically, pausing each day to say out loud, three things you are thankful for. Doing this can drastically change your mood + behavior in a positive way — it’s scientifically proven! So listing the things we’re thankful this year — I don’t care how “overdone” it is — I’m seeing nothing but blessings coming from doing it : )
6 Things We’re Thankful for in 2016
1. For our first home together … the fireplace, the coziness, + the memories we’ve made here around the table —Maison
2. I’m thankful for my relationship with Christ + the deeply rooted hope I have in eternal life with Him —Caleb
3. For Vivian + the amount of joy she brings both me + those around her on a daily basis (how can one dog possibly be so perfect/cute?!?) —Maison
4. For a wife + a marriage that seek to live out the tangible example of the Gospel the relationship serves as —Caleb
5. For friends who are willing to hike to the top of the world with me … or 14,000 feet (more on this later!) —Caleb
6. I’m thankful for the really, really hard moments this past year that have now allowed me a renewed perspective on my life + my purpose —Maison
For Previous Thanksgiving Day posts, click here!